Wednesday, December 16, 2009

From Doubt To Devotion



Today's One Love Nugget goes out to a sister who wrote in about taking action on her Big Visions. She writes "I must acknowledge the part of myself that fears and doubts. As the part of me that dwells in possibility grows larger everyday, there is still a valid part that is scared and unsure. Gabriela, do you have any suggestions for assuring this part that everything is ok?"

This question is universal. I don't know anyone on the planet who doesn't have moments of fear and doubt. On this miraculous life journey, it is natural, human and humbling to have moments of fear and doubt. Sometimes there is wisdom and valuable insight to discover in our fears or doubts that can support us in redirecting, or reevaluating details of our visions. Journal, writing out a dialogue with these parts or speak out loud in the loving witness of a creative companion or intimate friend. Go ahead and HAVE your fears, so that they don't "have" you. Often when we speak these voices, their gifts are revealed and the energetic charge, that otherwise halts our progress, loses steam and dissolves. In a nutshell, yes, all parts ARE valid, so let every one of them drink of the love, even the scared, self doubting ones. This will enrich your journey with the WHOLE of you being honored and included.

On a more meta level, sometimes my fears and doubts are a sign to me that I need to plug back into my Source. Reconnecting to the Genius that moves through us and staying surrendered there often puts everything into perspective and restores peace. Elizabeth Gilbert, author of Eat, Pray, Love gives an excellent talk about nurturing the genius of creativity.

My perpetually reSOURCEful friend, River, recently shared with me that , Louise Hay, Affirmation-Healing expert, found that "I approve of myself" was one of the most powerful mantras she had seen in action. I have been integrating it and find it stops self doubt in its tracks. My energy immediately, shifts from monkey mind to meta mind.

Speaking of monkeys...become like Hanuman, he is the embodiment of divine love, "compassion in action, devotion in motion." Hanuman directed all his energy towards merging with Ram (also known here as the God of your heart). Becoming like Hanuman means embodying the unlimited power that lies within us as we merge with our Source. We can be held and allied here as doubt redirects into devotion to our divine expression as an act of service.

Join me, "put your feet into the river, give your life to something bigger" and let me know if this helps assure the whole of you that everything is beyond OK, and right in the sweet spot. Follow your heart, trust your genius and Godspeed ahead...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Happy to Hear from YOU! Thanks, One Love!